Newly Elected Caribbean Representative on the Executive Committee of the Inter-American Network on Government Procurement (INGP)
Mr. Daniel Ferguson is the first Bahamian to be elected as representative for the Caribbean region on the Executive Committee of the Inter-American Network on Government Procurement (INGP), at its 15th Annual meeting held in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, on October 28-30, 2019. The INGP is composed of governmental institutions, represented by the national Public Procurement Directors or Heads of the 33 member countries from Latin America and the Caribbean regions. The Network is sponsored by the Organization of American States (OAS), the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), and the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB), and aims to strengthen the institutional capacity of the countries’ national public procurement agencies through concrete actions to increase the transparency, integrity, efficiency, effectiveness and innovation of public procurement system.
Mr. Ferguson, Procurement Officer, Ministry of Finance, was elected for a period of two years by his Caribbean counterparts. Some of his responsibilities as an executive member of the INGP are to:
- Coordinate with donor agencies and multilateral institutions the implementation of projects and activities that support the objectives of the Network.
- Cooperate with the Presidency and the Technical Secretariat to develop the most appropriate strategies and actions for facilitating access to resources by the member institutions of the Network.
- Support the Technical Secretariat in matters of financial sustainability for its functioning and fulfilment of activities coordinated by the INGP.
- Ensure compliance with the basic rules for the organization and operation of the INGP.
- Define the best course of action for raising resources from national, bilateral or multilateral sources in order to facilitate the achievement of the objectives and activities established in the Annual Work Plan of the INGP.
- Organize the technical, budgetary and logistical components of the Annual Conference in coordination with the Technical Secretariat and the host country.